Friday, January 19, 2007

I think I'm annoyed with my memory!

I practised some cards last night and did a whole deck in 3:25 which would have been a personal best for me, had I not made a complete arse of the recall. I had some huge gaps followed by some moments of absolute clarity.............followed by a gap, followed by clarity! It was very annoying and I came away feeling very frustrated with myself because I know I can go faster than this. Like Dominic says though "there is nothing wrong with my memory, just the way I shot the film!" and he's right. My memory is fine, I just need to get used to shooting a "good movie" in my mind at speeds higher than this and I'll get there.

Strangely enough, on another attempt later that evening I clocked a 3:44 perfect deck which isn't particularly fast, but is consistent with what I have been achieving for the last few weeks. I had perhaps 4 gaps which were easily filled when re-ordering the second deck so was fairly easy. I keep reading about the benefits of making mistakes. It teaches you where your boundaries are and helps push you further so I guess I shouldn't be too upset. In the quest to go faster, I should expect to make mistakes and learn how to get positive future results from them.

No comments: