Thursday, October 26, 2006

Pi r Squared, Cakes r round

Last night I added some more digits in taking me up to 140 in total. Taking it really slowly and reviewing more times that I would do normally just to make sure the system works right. I'm also stacking twice as many digits as I would do normally so it's taking a lot longer than normal.

On the plus side, it is proving to be very efficient. I have only used 7 locations to store 140 digits so far and on recall I've only made one basic error by skipping over one part of the stack. Apart from that, it's going very very well so will keep going, hopefully picking up speed as my brain gets used to it.

It feels really strange when recalling, it's a lot more manageable than my previous system. I review a short little story that contains 20 digits and then move on to the next spot, do the same, move on to the next location etc. which keeps everything in nice neat little piles. It's helping to eliminate the fear factor of huge numbers.

Onwards and upwards!

No comments: