Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The quest for perfection

Whist ironing tonight I had an idea that I've started to play with tonight. I was thinking over the couple of decks of cards I was memorising earlier and examining the mistakes I was making. I decided to have a go at another few cards and make a note of certain characteristics on an excel spreadsheet as I recalled to see what aspects of the imagery my brain likes to remember.

It is very interesting and very important I feel for my development. I've always tried to make the best images but never really looked in this much detail at WHY I could remember some things so clearly, and get blanks on others.

I want to put several hundred pieces of data in there to make it a worth while exercise which will take a few days but it will be really interesting to see the results. I have called this my MESS theory. As long as I make a MESS of my images (Movement, Exaggeration, Size and Strangeness) they seem to work well. A higher quality of MESS means I get better images.

I have always believed that there is a perfect system for making images and I think this will go a long way to achieving it.

1 comment:

Mike said...

By your own MESS System,
shouldn't you call it MoSt SEx ?