Sunday, July 15, 2007

I saw it, I saw it with my own eyes!

Just when you need Ben Pridmore to pull out the most amazing world record in front of a huge TV crew from channel 5 he goes and does an absolutely ridiculous time. As in, it's just stupid, I don't even want to write it down......................But I will.

A whole pack of cards in 26.(something not very high) seconds. Amazing. The bar has been raised again and I'm confident it will be a very very long time before anyone else gets close to that.

We had a really good time. Ended up sharing a room with Ben picking up some last minute tips. I broke 5 (maybe six??) of my personal bests on the day so can't complain at that. Improving and finding the events easier every time so very pleased over all. Finished up in 3rd place with a nice trophy and a cheque for £100 which more than covers my costs of getting there.

Dominic O'brien and Tony Buzan were both on hand too with some words of wisdom for us all. Great to see them both again. Dominic is talking about competing next year which will be great to see. I have a lot of practice to do between now and then. I think I'll have a day off, but I'll probably end up doing some training tonight :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you still using the brainwave machine during your training for this event? And, what if any changes in your training would you attribute to your improvements?

James Kemp said...

I used the machine a week before and a few sessions the weeks leading up to the event. It really helps get me in the right frame of mind and is a great tool for reviewing routes and images.

I think the improvements could have been a lot better if I'd put more practice in. The improvement I put down to just being more familiar with the events. The next competition will be much better for me :)