Wednesday, July 18, 2007

5 Min Numbers

I managed to get some valuable time with Dominic O'brien on Saturday. He suggested that I attempt my 5 minute number attempts on a single sighting. This would give me more time to form good quality images instead of forming a not so good one and having to review it. His 300+ attempt was done this way so he tells me, just one single sighting.

I did a quick practice tonight and managed to do 40 digits with no errors in 60 seconds (nothing amazing). This would mean I could end up with a theoretical 200 digit score at the end if that pace was kept up.

The images were quite easy to form at that speed and the recall on 40 digits was very easy, no blanks, no forced recall. So, I intend to practice this way and see how well I get on over 120 digits. I think it's just about confidence at that amount. It feels fairly easy, but we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: