Monday, July 09, 2007

The enemy of everyone

I had a few goes at spoken numbers today with a slight variation on the method I was using before. It's hard to explain but it goes something along the lines of holding the image of the last 4 digits in my head whilst the next 2 are being read out (this gains me an extra 2 seconds of visualisation) before creating the next image from the block of 4 digits being read out next. It's too complicated to explain properly but I was please with the following new personal best:

Random spoken digits (1 second per digit) 32 digits memorised without error.

I know most people dread this event, but I'm really starting to like it. It's a great point scorer if you can get anything above 30 digits. Still room to go further but pleased with the new personal best.

Had a bad practice with the random digits. Was trying to go faster than I normally like to try and speed things up but I ended up with very fuzzy images and didn't get very far.

No comments: