Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Great practice tonight

Tonight must have been the most satisfying training session I've ever done. I broke my speed card personal best twice, back to back. I had 3 attempts at 52 cards and re-ordered a deck afterwards and produced the following results:

Deck 1 - 0 errors in 3:27
Deck 2 - 0 errors in 3:09 (Personal best)
Deck 3 - 0 errors in 3:04 (Personal best)

I was over the moon with that. 3 perfect decks in 3 good times. I'd be happy with 3 mins in competition any day with no errors. I can start to feel things getting a lot easier now. Things are flowing a lot better and I'm starting to get a very quiet mind when I'm doing it now. I'm not narrating as much, just letting the pairs of images take their place and moving on. I'm making a point of not skipping back and checking that I've memorised something, just keeping going and trusting my brain.

All in all, very happy and getting more and more confident as the days go by. I'm going to try and do 3 decks every night but in reality, I'll probably end up doing it about 3-4 times per week.

1 comment: