Monday, June 18, 2007

Germany this weekend

I'm going to be in Germany when the championships is happening! However, I will be 5 hours away at the Nurburgring so won't get to see any of it :(

I hope that Ben can go as I'm really keen to see how much his hard work has paid off.

I need to get my head down more before the UK Championships in July if I want to get moving up the rankings. I'm confident in the new ways I'm doing things which has involved changing the way I recall things mostly, not the actual memorising itself. Doing my first recall when I've filled one of my roman rooms in my head is working very very well and increasing my confidence greatly. I can picture being able to go through 2 rooms (80 digits or 40 cards etc) in one go and then doing a mental review of both rooms very soon and being accurate. So much of getting this right is about belief and trust. I'm learning now to see each challenge as a series of rooms for me to fill, not "oh my god! I've got to use 20 rooms for all of that!" and talking myself out of it.

Excited to see the results from Germany so roll on weekend :)

No comments: