Friday, June 22, 2007

Card reordering

I have been working today on the fastest way to reorder a deck of cards after they have been memorised. Those in the know will remember my annoyance at thinking I had a leisurely 10 minutes which turned out to be 5 minutes at Cambridge.

So, I memorised a deck as normal and got on to the ordering of the deck. I found the fastest way for me by a long way is to put the cards in front of me in strips i.e. all the hearts then in another line all the diamonds etc. and then pick the cards from that. The shuffling through the cards lost so much time it wasn't practical.

For the first time I managed to order a deck I had memorised previously in a little under 3:40 seconds which was satisfying. Enough time to go through again and spot any errors.

1 comment:

Zoomy said...

I always fan the cards out on the table in front of me and pick them from that. I'm pretty sure that's the quickest way to do it.