Wednesday, April 04, 2007

5 minute numbers

I'm getting much better at this event now. I did 116 digits with only 1 error in the first row of 40 tonight. I was really annoying, I thought I had everything perfect but I memorised 43 instead of 73 but hey. At least I know now that I can form good images at that speed.

I memorised the first 40, then reviewed it, then went on to the second line and did the same again. I did a third pass on the first 2 lines and then when through the last line twice pretty fast.

It worked well, felt confident and I was reviewing much faster. Not really looking at the numbers (hence the mistake!) more flipping through the digits at speed and seeing the images on the route than doing the conversions again.

Onwards and upwards. 120 should be on the cards soon enough but I don't know what I should go for at Cambridge with only 1 attempt. I may practice 120 and then just go for a fairly safe 100.

No comments: