Monday, May 07, 2007

The morning after Cambridge 2007

I'm so tired. On the drive home last night I could have just stopped in the car and slept all night at the side of the road. It was even more tiring that WMC for some reason. We did have time issues so we were back to back on some events which didn't give much time to relax.

It was a great day all in all though. It was filled with some moments of great happiness and deep disappointment for me. I performed very well on some events and very poorly on the ones I'd practiced most which was a bit strange. That's the way it goes sometimes though but at least I now have something to build on and some great ideas to change my training at home.

I also realised that I've been pushing myself too hard. I'm expecting to get excellent scores in a comparatively short amount of time which generally doesn't happen. I'm looking to put steady progress markers in place so I don't jump from 100 digits to 400 overnight and get very annoyed making mistakes along the way.

I can't remember any of my scores but they will be posted soon somewhere so I'll have to scrutinise in more detail in the next few days. I said I'd take a few days off but what did I do first thing this morning? Started reviewing some parts of books I've got on memory and planning to do a few decks of cards this afternoon. When will I ever learn to give my brain a break!

Thanks to everyone who was at the event. The helpers were excellent and got the marking done in record time which is always great for the competitors. Big thanks to everyone who competed. Everyone is so supportive and helps everyone out so lets get training for the next one guys!!

No comments: