Saturday, May 05, 2007

The day before Cambridge 2007

I've been going through the routes I'm going to use for the different events tomorrow. All of my goals are in place and I know what I'm going for so I shouldn't be too nervous on the day. I think I'm more excited than anything. Hopefully it won't affect my sleep too much like it did at WMC last year. I had to struggle through day 1 with only a few hours sleep which was horrible.

I still think there should be lots more competitions. I'd love to do one every couple of months really so I can get used to the format and competing with others under pressure. I think because there are only a couple of competitions per year the pressure is so much more because you have to wait ages until you get another go to make up for any mistakes.

Hopefully mistakes won't come in to it this year though. I've been doing well in practice and if I can perform up to that standard I should get along fine. I'm quite relaxed about it all at the moment, which is strange for me. I normally get all worked up for no reason about anything at any opportunity!!

Results will of course be posted here but they will be on the WMC website before probably.

No comments: