Monday, December 11, 2006

Update by request

To he who requested this update.................you know who you are :)

Well, it's been a while but I have a very good excuse....................I really couldn't be arsed to write anything.........but now I can!

I've been training pretty well for a week or two. Going through a pack of cards at least once per day but aiming for more like 5 times per day. I'm getting a lot faster at seeing images and not doing any conversion in my head but there are still a few cards that aren't quite there yet.


My binary is getting pretty good too. Working through those most evenings in the same way as the cards and starting to see them pretty quickly. Still don't like looking at them in blocks though. I think i'll have to draw lines down my sheet in the next competition to break them up in to manageable blocks of 6 digits.

Looks like I'm meeting up with Darren Denholm from South Africa in January at my place in Stamford which will be a blast! Can't wait to see him. For those that don't know him, he's a great laugh and so hungry for knowledge it's unreal! We are talking about holding a free memory talk at a local school which could be good. Get a bit more interest in our unique sport :)


I'm having my first session with Henry Hopking on Friday this week. He is a mind guru and developed an AVE (Audio Visual Entertainment) machine with Dominic O'brien. I spoke to Dominic and he swears by the machine so I'm going to have 3 sessions to help balance my brain waves and help me get in to an optimised state for memorising when I need to. I have huge problems with my attention span and ability to focus so I know if he can help me with that my performances will improve dramatically. I've always thought that if I could just sit down and focus on a pack of cards properly I could cut a huge amount of time off my personal records.

I'll probably update some time after Friday and let you all know what the machine is like and if it starts to make any improvements.

No comments: