Monday, December 18, 2006

2 Brain wave training sessions later

I completed my second session of brain wave training with Henry Hopking today and am feeling really good about it. It's hard to describe how it makes you feel exactly, but some of it's kind of out of body weird, some is like deep meditation and other bits make you feel totally euphoric!

My initial EEG showed a problem with my brain being stuck in a certain frequency. You get all wired up and then they monitor what your brain does in different situations. Basically, your brain waves should change depending on what you're doing. Mine were fine, apart from a 9-10hz range that was fixed no matter what I was doing which is quite abnormal. Goes a long way to explain my poor concentration and mental chatter so I hear. After the initial session, 2 home sessions and the one today it appears that my brain is now starting to move in the right direction and correct the abnormal pattern, which is good news :)

I have just practiced 5 packs of cards (not memorising, just viewing images in my head) and felt much better with it. Didn't have the mental noise going on like I normally do and found the images were coming to me easier. I was also able to focus more on the task and not keep thinking about how well I'm doing, how fast am I going etc.

So over all, very very pleased and have a lot of work to do, but can see good results coming in the future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...“My initial EEG showed a problem with my brain being stuck in a certain frequency.”...

I wonder if anyone’s initial EEG showed that they were spot on the perfect frequency. --“Oh, Mr. Soandso, your EEG was perfect, no need for you to pay for a second EEG.”

James Kemp said...

Mr Skeptical,

Thanks for your comment. It was cool that I could compare 2 EEG's so I can see what difference I'm getting. I would have been of the same opinion as you if I couldn't compare anything. Not only could I see (on a 3d graph type thingy) a difference but could also feel different in my own mind. Much more calm and relaxed. Give it a go! You may change your skeptical ways....... :)

Anonymous said...

Based upon your testimony of the EEG’s effectiveness, if ever I’m given the opportunity to be hooked up, I’ll surely give it a go. However, I’m a little skeptical this will ever happen……. ;)

I have little doubt that the graphs show differing results, but is that based upon a real change/improvement, or was your brain processing new input of a new experience, later changing frequency because your brain’s now accepting the previous experienced stimuli. Such as; in the initial graphs your brain was trying to figure out why you had a machine taped to your face…. :D

The previous paragraph should not be read with any sincere intent... =}

James Kemp said...

Mr Skeptical,

I'm glad you said you would give it a go if you got a chance. I think you'd enjoy it. With regards to the graphs being different, you don't go straight in to it and use that as your first result. You get very familiar with it and they don't even record anything for a while so you get used to it.

Thanks for reading and thanks for your comments.