Tuesday, November 14, 2006

How very very strange

I spoke to my American buddy Mike online yesterday who not only has mastered the Rubik's cube himself but knows the guy personally who's website I am learning from! It's a small world eh?

I'm quite excited about it. I don't know if I'll get to a good speed with it or not but it feels good to do. I seem to focus well when I'm doing it and not drift off like I can do when I'm memorising. Perhaps it's all the pretty colours :)

I'm going to get back to memorising Pi in the New Year when I've moved house and got all settled in to a new place. I'll nail a few thousand digits of that and raise some money for charity on the way I think. Well, that's the plan anyway. I'll see how I feel after 2,000 digits as to how far I want to go but I can't see it being more than 5,000. A bit too much commitment of my life to go much further than that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! It is me, the person who made the Rubik's Cube website. :D

I hope you learn it. :D It makes me happy when people do. Concerning the times you can get with the solution, I know people who have gotten down to about 60 to 90 seconds. After a week of practice, some people get as low as 100-120 seconds.

You can contact me if you want to know some "personal" tricks to get times down to 30-45 seconds if you want to. Or if you need help. Either way, my email is on my web page.

It is a small world. :) Best of luck to you.