Saturday, September 16, 2006

She's home!

Well, my lovely girlfriend is back and it's great to see her. She's incredibly tanned and looks like a different person!

The memory training over the period of time she was away did not exactly go according to plan. I have no tangible results, although having a couple of days off seems to have helped with the formation of images for some reason.I think I've been pushing myself a bit too hard and my brain is giving up. A Break seems to have allowed my brain to understand what I'm trying to teach it.

I'm really annoyed that I can't make the German championships. I just can't book any more time off work. It would have been great to see everybody again, perhaps next time.

Anyway, I have a best man's speech to prepare this weekend which I will also have to memorise. You'd think it wouldn't take too long, but I'm actually quite nervous that I won't have enough time and the stress of the day will not allow my memory to perform properly! I think this will be a good memory exercise. Speaking in front of people that you know is harder, in my opinion, than speaking in front of people that you don't. If I can do this, it will give me a good little confidence boost!

No comments: