Saturday, September 09, 2006

Life alone.......

Well, it's been five days since my girlfriend went to Thailand. The memory training hasn't exactly been going according to plan. I wanted to spend lots of time practising but unfortunately real life has got in the way. I never realised how hard it was cleaning up after me!

I've been practicing binary and that seems to be going quite well, although there is room for a lot of improvement. I'm becoming a lot more familiar with the groups of digits which makes memorising them much easier. I think that having a couple of days off has actually helped. Sometimes I'm guilty of pushing myself too far, to a point where it becomes nonproductive.

I've been thinking a lot recently about new applications for an improved memory. My girlfriend's mum keeps telling me there must be a way to make money from it! I'm sure she's right, but the idea of sitting down and improving my game of blackjack does not really appeal. I'm sure I'll come up with some great moneymaking scheme but that takes time and energy, neither of which are in great abundance after a few too many beers last night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As soon as you come up with a money making memory idea, let me know! Then, if we can get James Ponder too, the tri-jim mnemonist force shall make millions!!

James Kemp said...

Team Jim! That has a nice ring to it.......I feel kind of like an evil professor woking out a cunning plan to make millions......