Monday, August 28, 2006

Bank Holiday Blues

I always feel depressed over the bank holiday. I think it's because I know they won't last forever and real life will kick back in sooner than I think. To cure the depression I immersed myself in some hardcore memory training which went really well today. I had a good practice on www.memorise.org with the flash numbers, displaying 4 at a time for 4 seconds. I missed some of them but I'm getting much better at picking up digits in blocks of 4 now. Practiced 5 packs of cards too which went OK. The Simpsons was on in the background which is always a bit of a distraction.

Tonight I'll read through 2,000 random numbers which I've got formatted in excel and divided up in to blocks of 4. Feeling pretty good about the numbers events now; I know I'm faster even since the championships which is a satisfying feeling.

I've still got no idea what to do for this charity event??? Some quiz game memorised? A huge book of some sort? I'm sure it'll come to me in a dream or something.

No comments: